Monday, June 7, 2010

Doctor Who, Emerald Lanes, 6/2/2010

Doctor Who
ID: (don't have one yet)


Cost per play: $.25
Year it came out: 1992


Sorry this is coming a little late. Chad and I reviewed Doctor Who while celebrating the birthday of my friend, Lisa Simpson. The pinball machine is located to the right of where you rent your shoes and such, or, sandwiched between the main door and the rental desk.

Just looking at this game made me excited. The graphics were great and the whole thing seemed mysterious.

The first thing I noticed and wasn't sure if I liked, however it fit the theme of the game, was that it had a button for a plunger instead of the traditional handle that you pull back and let the spring propel the ball. Either way, it was easy to do--very large and not hard to miss. The game played well. It was super fun to try and get the ball into the 7 various loops and doors. My favorite target was in the middle of the board, near the very top. This target had two "traps" side by side which would trap your ball and in between those traps was a red target to hit. One of the goals was to get your ball into those two traps which amongst a few other tasks would reveal a platform underneath the traps and would have more doors you had to launch your ball into. There were three platforms of doors for you to aim at and build points (kind of hard to explain. Photo below). Very very exciting and fun! I was kicking ass and then forgot to see my final score! So is life.




The game was forgiving--the ball never got stuck or repeatedly launch itself into the gutter. That is the one thing I really look for in a pinball machine is how nice it is to someone who is very casual at pinball, such as Chad and myself. I liked that the area around the pinball machine was relatively quiet. I was out of the way of any people walking by and it was relatively quiet.

score: B

1 comment:

  1. Bowling AND Dr. Who pinball? I know what I'll be doing next weekend!

    ReplyDelete